Written by: Kristina & Denise Will
Hey Tribe! During this time of uncertainty with many of you working from home and/or helping your children with online school, it can be stressful and easy to give in to cravings. We wanted to provide a couple quick and easy healthy snack recipes to help satisfy that sweet tooth, without derailing your progress! These recipes are super easy (you don’t even have to turn the oven on for the second one!) and can be made into a fun evening with the family!
Breakfast Cookie Ingredients:
- 3 large Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups Rolled Oats
- 3 scoops Ascent Protein Powder
- ½ cup Nut or Seed Butter (peanut, almond, or sunflower are great choices)
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350o. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment (for easy clean-up)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thick sticky dough forms. Scoop 1 tbsp. of dough and form into cookie and place on baking sheet until you have about 12 cookies
- Cook 12-15 minutes until set and lightly golden. Let cool and enjoy!
Protein Ball Ingredients:
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Nut or Seed Butter (peanut, almond, or sunflower are great choices)
- ½ cup Ascent Protein Powder
- ½ cup Local Honey
- Add-ins of your choice (dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, chopped nuts, chia seeds, coconut, etc)
- Pulse all ingredients in food processor or blender. Roll into balls, place in container (if you layer, use parchment paper) and chill at least 30 minutes. Try to eat just one!
Makes 12 Cookies: 182 Cals Each