Written by: Denise & Kristina Will
The holiday season is over, and all the treats are behind us (I hope we all enjoyed ourselves). Here is a recipe for a light and healthy lunch or dinner to start off the New Year.
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs, cubed
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ medium Red Onion, chopped
- ½ cup Banana Peppers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp each of Oregano & Dill
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, & Lemon Juice to taste
– Chop all the veggies and put them in a large bowl. Drizzle with red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and ½ tablespoon each of oregano and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
– In a pot, bring 2.5 cups of water to boil, add 2 cups of quinoa and reduce the heat to low to simmer until all the water is absorbed. Set aside for 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with a fork.
– In a medium skillet, heat another tablespoon of olive oil and add minced garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, then add cubed chicken to skillet along with the remaining oregano and dill. Pan fry until chicken is fully cooked.
– To serve, place quinoa in a bowl and top with chicken and veggies, squeezing lemon juice over the top.