The Member Spotlight showcases those who demonstrate the characteristics necessary for success, both in and out of the gym. Kim and Tyson joined us this summer after Life Time Alpha shut down and have since been a staple of the early morning classes! We wanted to ask them about their experiences here at the gym so far:
- What led you to CrossFit? Describe your experience.
Kim – I was doing yoga at a studio that was gutted and turned into a yoga studio AND CrossFit
gym (the same gym that James coached at a few years ago!). It took me almost a year to summon the courage to give one of the CrossFit classes a try. I was hooked after my first one.
Tyson – I grew up playing just about every sport there was and now that I am older, I just wanted to do something to stay in shape. And keep up with my wife 😉
- What have been the most significant changes you’ve noticed? These could be lifestyle, body composition, or performance.
Kim – My fitness goals used to center around my weight. Now, my goals are strength and skill related. I am more confident and love the competitive environment CrossFit offers.
Tyson – Overall, my lifestyle, both fitness and diet, have improved. I do less of the unhealthy stuff that would otherwise keep me from getting up at 5am to go to the gym.
- What’s your favorite (or least favorite) exercise? If you could program a workout, what would it be?
Kim – Favorite: Wall Balls! I love Karen! I also love any workout with a heavy barbell.
Tyson – The less Wall Balls and rowing, the better.
- Tell us something we don’t know about you! Something not fitness related.
Both – We love to travel. Next up, Japan! We also love to escape to Flagstaff with our dogs, Bear and Ranger.
- What’s next? Have you set any goals for the future?
Kim – Ring muscle ups and strict handstand push-ups. Can anyone help me out???
Tyson – I would give anything to be able to squat snatch heavy weight (My mobility is garbage).